Well hello. I’m Josef (founder of creative piano academy) and if you’re on this page you must be interested in how I collect, store and use your Data.
Now, just before we get going, I take your privacy VERY seriously. Why wouldn’t I? You are the life and soul of my business and if I didn’t respect you or your data, I wouldn’t be here.
First of all i’m going to outline a few things for you (in plain, non lawyerish English) on how I collect and use your data. I believe this is a great foundation of trust in order to build a future relationship between us. I want you to leave this page confident that I would never abuse your personal data.
As I said previously, I take your privacy very seriously. Outlined below are the ways I collect information and what information I collect.
This is to make sure you only receive relevant information, that you want to hear about and your experience with me is the best it possibly can be.
You do not need to register or supply any personal information to browse this website.
What data I collect and how I collect it
I collect the most basic information such as your name and email when you comment on my blog, contact me, or sign up to my email list.
It’s the kind of info you might see on a typical business card. You do not need to supply me with any personal information to use my website
I may collect additional information such as ‘which form you used to sign up to my email list’ or ‘ what links you click in our emails’. This is so I know I am sending you relevant information that I know you are interested in. Whenever I do this I make every effort to tell you.
Now I need to use certain providers and services to make this all possible. For your data collection I use a service called leadpages. To store and send you emails, I use convertkit. Both of these services are situated in the US and both of these services comply with the EU requirements for international data transfers.
A few other things I use are Google Analytics and a Facebook Pixel to track the numbers of visitors to my site and which specific pages receive the most visitors.
I do not collect any personal information or store IP address locally on my site. This is only used to monitor the number of hits on our pages and location at the country level therefore we cannot track or trace individual users or their physical addresses.
What I do with the data
Something I like to think about is ‘How would I feel if my information was used in a certain way?’. So when you sign up with me, I will be in touch with you via email to share tips and useful information related to learning piano and information about premium products I think would be interesting to you. However, you always have the option to unsubscribe at any time. That would be that, you would never hear from me again unless you chose to re-subscribe.
Facebook has a feature called custom audiences. What this means is that they can take a look at a list of email addresses (nothing else) and determine an audience with similar interests which can then be used for marketing. determining similar interests is purely done using facebooks own voodoo and data it has on its users. However, I may upload a list of email addresses to facebook so it can do this and create an audience. This is done completely in private and by facebook. If you would like me to exclude your email and/or not use it for this purpose, you can let me know by using the contact form on this page.
I respect your privacy and will not sell or pass this information to anyone unless required by law. (In this case, I don’t have a choice)
How long do I keep your data
The contact information will be kept for the period needed to interact with you or you choose to remove it.
You can choose to ‘unsubscribe’ from my mailing list at any time. You have the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of every email I send out via my email service provider. In fact, I actively encourage this if for any reason you do not wish to hear from me anymore. Why would you want to stay on my email list if you aren’t enjoying my emails? We can part as friends!
How your data is protected
Any information related to your use of my website will be retained online on my website and protected behind my hosting provider’s firewall and other security arrangements
Your contact information you used to sign up to my email list will be kept inside the secure area of my email service provider, Convert Kit.
As with any website, there is no absolute guarantee of security. If you feel this not sufficient then please do not provide any personal information or let me know and I will dispose of the information, securely of course.
How to contact me
If you would like to contact us about your privacy, use this contact form
Read On For My Full Website Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site Creativepianoacademy.com including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our email list or take part in a prize draw or competition.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Creative Piano Academy is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: : Josef Sykora trading as Creative Piano Academy
Email address: Use this Contact Form to send us an email
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us using the contact form just before this privacy notice.
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract. We may also use Customer Data to send you recommendations via email [or Facebook adverts or other display advertisements] about our goods and services that maybe of interest to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is (where you have purchased goods or services from us or have been in negotiations for such goods or services) our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy or (where you have not so purchased or negotiated and in relation to sending you direct marketing) your consent.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us using the contact form just before this privacy notice. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You will receive marketing communications from us if you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or if you are not a customer, you gave us your details and agreed to receive marketing communications by submitting your email address, and by clicking the button in the confirmation email which clearly states you would like to hear about our goods and services and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
I won’t ever share your data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by Contacting Us at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases etc.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the form above this privacy notice.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.